7:30am to 1:00pm
Your guide will take you by bicycle to witness first hand the melting pot of cultures, ethnicities, and religions, that exist in modern Cambodia. First, we visit families in a Muslim fishing village outside of Battambang. We will explore the village on foot and learn about their traditional livelihoods, family history, and ways of living. After getting some coffee and quick rest, we will ride through the countryside and arrive at a Buddhist temple, where you will have a chance to chat with a young, friendly Buddhist monk. The tour includes a Cambodian style lunch at a family home.
These tours provide vocational training opportunities to local youth, contribute economically to community development, ensure tourism dollars stay in the communities and provide guests with an experience that is respectful to and educative on local culture.
- Tuk Tuk pick up in the morning from your hotel
- One drink from Kinyei Cafe before or after the tour
- Friendly, English-speaking, First-Aid certified local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language, so you can greet the locals in their language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Cambodian style lunch at a family home
Learn about the different family vocations in a Muslim fishing village such as net weaver, fisherman, and dried fish maker. Enjoy drinks at a Muslim café Take a scenic ride through the rice fields to understand rice production. Visit a Buddhist temple, where you will have the opportunity to talk with a young, friendly English speaking monk. Enjoy an authentic Cambodian style lunch.
Program And Price
This tour is suitable for people of all fitness levels. The ride is about 17 km. The tour starts from the Soksabike office at 7:30 and returns around 12:30pm.